top of page
Search
  • Writer's pictureGeorge Vascik

Starting over

Working through all of my saved files, the only saved georeferenced shapefiles that i shapefiles have of my constituencies is incomplete. This means that I ahve to recreate EVERYTHING. It took me well north of 500 hours to accurately draw the shapes. I was mapping 1:10,00 scaleso thhat I could accurately get every field annd watercourse. Ths was perrhaps overkiut I wanted to be accuate as possible. Fortunately, as I noted in my article on creating the GIS, by the time that I had finished my work the Niedersachsen had published online a Geodata portal with many useful layers. Their 'Gemeinde" layer did me no good as the villages had passed through several consolidations since my era. They did, however, have layers for "Flur" and "Gemärkung". Using these, I am able to recreate the old constiuencie shapes although with less exactitude (1:50,000). I am maybe 1/4 of the way through. With luck, I will have sufficient time over spring breeak to comolete the task. I need it so that I can start analyzing Left Liberal voting patters.

2 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

An exciting discovery

I am currently breaking my voting data down into milieu - Conservative, Catholic, Liberal, Socialist - as part of my work on Theodor Tantzen and the German Democrats. Temporally and intellectually con

Data Spreadsheet finally updated; GIS working

Mid-February, ir looked like I was ready to use my data on my project on Theodor Tantzen and the German Democrats. Right On examination, I founds that some of my data was incomplete, particularly for

One problem solved

I scrolled through the votes by polling place for the problematic second election of 1924. I found that when I ordered rows by polling place numbers and look at the handful of major cities, all of th

コメント


bottom of page