top of page
Search
  • Writer's pictureGeorge Vascik

One problem solved

I scrolled through the votes by polling place for the problematic second election of 1924. I found that when I ordered rows by polling place numbers and look at the handful of major cities, all of their votes were recorded on a row lower than they should have been. The errant entry was the village of Blandorf, quite high on the list. When I adjusted the row one up, all of the cities lined up. Searching towards the bottom of the data base, I found an entry for Blandorf with all of the correct voting information but somehow given an Oldenburg polling place number. Problem identified and solved.


While I had the early archived list of votes results, I took the opportunity to correct another shortcoming to my Project_Master. When I created the version that I am now using, I did not include the Reichstag elections for 1898 and 1907. Those votes have now been entered and my next step will be to calculate the percentage of votes cast in each place for the competing parties. Once that is finished, I will include the several special elections held in the Imperial period (when a deputy either died or resigned). I had not added the later in earlier version as they seemed to tax the permissible columns in xls. As I have added material lately, this does not seem to be a problem. I wonder what is different? If space is available, it might be interesting to find and add results for the presidential election of 1925 or the various plebiscites that were held during the Weimar era.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

An exciting discovery

I am currently breaking my voting data down into milieu - Conservative, Catholic, Liberal, Socialist - as part of my work on Theodor Tantzen and the German Democrats. Temporally and intellectually con

Data Spreadsheet finally updated; GIS working

Mid-February, ir looked like I was ready to use my data on my project on Theodor Tantzen and the German Democrats. Right On examination, I founds that some of my data was incomplete, particularly for

OOPS

At the new year, I thought that I had resuscitated my GIS. Not so. The shapefile still needed work around the edges. As in any project, its those outstanding edges that were the most difficult. When t

コメント


bottom of page